Wednesday, May 28, 2008

visit from the parents

a few weeks a go my mom and dad took a long weekend and come to Key West! we had a blast. they were able to meet the Cpt. of the base, they were able to tour my boat, and they were able to meet a lot of officers on my boat including my Cpt. they met a lot of my friends (who were from CA) and we all went to dinner at the best mexican place here (salsa locas). while they were here we also toured around the island. ha ha we rode around on a little train for a few hours learning about the island and its history. i am glad they were here to do it cause i dont think that is something i would have just done on my own or gotten anyone else to do with me. on Sunday before they left we went to the church i have been attending (as much as i can) and then went to brunch for mothers day! we had a blast! even though the heat and humidity took a lot out of my mom she says she is already planning a trip back!
Photobucket
me and mom outside my base
Photobucket
me and dad by my boat (he calls a cruise ship)
Photobucket
sunset...every night!
Photobucket
me by my "cruise ship"

2 comments:

The Runner Bunch said...

Wish we could have been there!! Can't wait to see you when you come home for a visit!

Barb Buus said...

Wow! I'm impressed with all the work that you've completed so that people like me can see what your life is like in the Coast Guard!
You've come a long way from the desert!

You make us proud of all you've accomplished!
Barb Buus